Scrappy Mittens

[advertisement: unpaid links]

The destashing continues, this time with a pair of mittens for a dear friend. I have chosen the Kinos pattern as I liked the idea of showcasing a short row construction with stripes.

The pattern is well written and great fun to knit. I have used 65g of DK weight Merino scraps for a medium men’s size. You definitely should give this pattern a try!

Baby Stuff

[advertisement: unpaid links]

I recently have knitted some baby garments again, namely a cardigan and a pair of tiny mittens.

The mittens are made from 16g Zauberwiese Glitter Sock, the pattern is a loose adaption of a Drops Pattern. I love knitting with this yarn and it adds just a hint of glitter to the result. Lovely!

The cardigan is the one I had planned only a month ago. The Rowan yarn knits up perfectly, whereas I am not completely satisfied with the GGH yarn. But this may be a concern due to my incompatibility with fluffy Merino yarns. The pattern is great and gives a stunning result. Sadly, it took me days and many attempts to puzzle the pieces together. I definitely need to practise sewing sweaters together. Perhaps, I should fully switch to seamless sweaters, but it would be the end of colourwork. Hrm.

However, this is the result:

gingersnap-cardigan.jpg.jpg

I really like it. And it looks all beautiful on the little girl I have gifted it to.

Warm Hands

[advertisement: unpaid links]

I recently stumbled over the Valentine Mittens pattern on Ravelry and decided to knit them instantly. I definitely needed yarn for them as I hoard mainly fingering weight yarns. I went to a new yarn shop in Aachen, Strickstück, located in Harscampstr. 81. The shop owner is very friendly and competent, so I spent there quite a while looking for the perfect yarns.

I bought some grey Rowan Tweed Aran and a ball of Noro Kureyon. They seemed to have a pretty similar weight, but in the end, the Rowan yarn was a bit thicker. However, I am really happy with the result, although the Rowan yarn broke three times when I pulled it a bit tighter than usual.

As I needed a lot less yarn than I had estimated, I tried to use it up by knitting a pair of striped mitts, but there still is a bit remaining. Yarn amount for the mittens is 68g of Rowan and 25g of Noro, for the mitts 35g of Rowan and 15g of Noro.

DSC_0864