Summer Fling Bag

[advertisement: unpaid links]

The next destash project this year is a linen bag. The pattern is Summer Fling, an easy to follow pattern intended for fingering weight yarn. I have used 136g leftovers of DK weight linen yarns from La Droguerie and Yllet. I did not make any changes, nonetheless​ the bag is pretty small. However, I like the result although it does not qualify as an everyday handbag. It is just too small.

Advertisements

The Stripey Baby Hoodie

[advertisement: unpaid links]

It is a miracle I have finished this one although it has turned out to be probably the most beautiful baby garment I have knit so far. But back to its beginning, this cardigan has quite a story to tell.

I wanted to knit another baby hoodie for a friend, restricting myself to use stashed yarn and not to buy a pattern. There was an almost neon variegated skein of Tausendschön extrafine Merino I wanted to use, but I was unsure if 100g of fingering weight yarn would be enough for a little hoodie. As my stash did not offer any matching semi-solid yarn, I bought a skein of dark grey Schoppel Admiral Melange at Maschenkunst to make a striped cardigan. The colors are a perfect match, even if I had to buy the grey one. Both yarns knit up well, although the Tausendschön one is plied a bit loosely, probably to emphasise the softness of the fibre. Nonetheless, I like both of them a lot.

After searching Ravelry for a suitable pattern, I found Hættetrøje, a free Danish pattern. I do not speak any Danish, but this is by far not the first baby hoodie I have knit and with Google Translate on my smartphone, I was not afraid at all to use this pattern. The language in fact was not a problem, but the pattern as such was. I cannot recommend to knit the suggested armhole shaping. In the unlikely case I should knit that pattern again, I would definitely change to a drop-shoulder construction. The described armhole shaping just did not work out at all, so that I decided to loosely follow Knit Purl’s Alpha B Basic Baby Cardigan pattern concerning armhole and sleeve shaping (and measurements). I also have added a bit of neck shaping which I took from a Drops pattern. Surprisingly, the sleeves fitted perfectly into the armholes at the first try. The buttons are from La Droguerie in Lille, but they are so tiny, I needed eight buttons to be able to close the cardigan instead of five bigger ones as suggested in the pattern. However, the cardigan looks gorgeous and thus was worth all the effort.

Razor Cami

[advertisement: unpaid links]

Surprise! A finished project that is not a sock!

This is a Razor Cami made of pure linen on 4 mm needles. The straps are adjusted to the recipient’s taste. They are knit in seed stitch and are a lot wider than the pattern suggests. The yarns used are La Droguerie – Lin and Yllet – Lin. I used 234 g of yarn in sum.

I currently seem to be in finishing mode concerning my knitting. I should take advantage of that rare mood…